What does the future hold for small businesses in the UK in the next five to ten years? What are the small business trends and which businesses are most likely to survive and succeed? How will customer wants and needs change and how might small businesses market their products and services to them? Will online sales continue to grow and is that likely to bring about the demise of the high street? What about managing, and, could AI actually be a good thing for small-business owners?
Applied futurist, speaker, writer and consultant Tom Cheesewright explains how the small-business world is likely to change in the next five to ten years.
How to future-proof your small business
Starting a business
- Find guides on how to start more than 180 different types of business
- How to start a side hustle and make money
- Essential guide to forming a business
Understanding your market
- Discover sector trends for your type of business
- Keeping your eyes on the competition
- What businesses can learn from price comparison websites
- How to set up a successful ecommerce business [podcast episode]
- How we started selling online [podcast episode]
- Essential guide to ecommerce
AI in small businesses
- Cash is still king for UK’s independent retailers
- How to take card payments
- How mobile payments are encouraging a culture of convenience
- The best POS systems for small businesses
About our expert
Tom Cheesewright is an applied futurist, speaker, writer and consultant. Tom helps brands, organisations and industries to see what’s next, helping them to build strategies for sustainable success, whatever the future holds. You may have seen or heard Tom on TV, because he’s appeared on the BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky News.
Find Tom on LinkedIn.
Find Tom’s books online.
About our sponsor
This episode is brought to you thanks to the support of Mediahawk. Mediahawk is a leading call-tracking and marketing analytics solution. Their software helps businesses big and small to quickly and easily pinpoint their most profitable marketing activities, cut wasted spend and drive more leads and sales. Founded in 2002, Mediahawk pioneered call-tracking technology, and have remained at the forefront of the industry ever since.
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find “Start Your Own Business” on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective