Instagram is the world’s seventh most-visited website. Some 1.22bn people use Instagram each month, with 18 to 34-year-olds making up the biggest share of Instagram’s audience. About 90% of Instagram users follow at least one business, and reportedly, half of its users have discovered new brands via Instagram. When you get it right, Instagram can be a superb, low-cost way to market your business to new and existing customers.
In this episode, we speak to Lou Chudley of the Bristol-based agency, Spark Social. She reveals her top tips on how to build a brand on Instagram and generate leads and sales. If you want to find out how to use Instagram to grow your business, this episode is packed with top tips, so don’t miss it.
- Getting started on Instagram
- How to announce your local business on Instagram
- How to use video to promote your business
- Ten essential business social media apps
Collaboration and influencers
- How to set up a successful marketing collaboration
- How to leverage influencer marketing for your small business
- Ten ways to get the most out of customer testimonials
About our expert
Lou Chudley of Bristol-based agency Spark Social offers bespoke Instagram training and coaching sessions for groups and one-to-one, in person or over Zoom. Lou is an Instagram consultant who works with small businesses and brands to help them develop a successful Instagram marketing strategy, and hosts highly popular Instagram for business masterclass workshops.
About our sponsor
Thanks to Dell Technologies for sponsoring series four of the Start Your Own Business podcast.
Dell has what you need to start, scale, and succeed, including end-to-end tech solutions to boost productivity and maximise security so you can focus on innovation.
Our partnership with Dell means you get top products at special prices and a personalised consultation from a dedicated tech adviser who will get to know the goals of your business. Find out more by emailing the Dell for Startup UK representative at [email protected].
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find “Start Your Own Business” on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective