As well as being better for the planet, being a net-zero business can bring a range of bottom line benefits. However, according to FSB research, although most small firms are concerned about climate change, only one-in-three has a plan to help tackle it.
In this episode, consultant Graham Oakley explains how his business ensures that it is net zero and sustainable, while providing practical advice to other start ups and small businesses that want to do the same.
Find links to content related to the topics covered in this episode below.
Measuring your impact
Marketing your green credentials
- Go green and benefit your business
- The Green Claims Code checklist from the Competitions & Market Authority
About Graham Oakley
Graham Oakley is commercial director of multi award-winning West Midlands-based Clear Three, which works with business owners to reduce waste, pollution, and misuse of natural resources to become cleaner, greener, more efficient and more profitable. Many Clear Three customers operate in the laundry sector and among other things, the company is known for its award-winning carbon-reduction software. Carbon-neutral Clear Three helps other businesses to minimise their carbon impact.
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find “Start Your Own Business” on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support, and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective