Digital advertising can enable businesses of all sizes to attract customers. Its popularity continues to grow. About £10.5bn was spent on digital advertising in the UK in the first half of 2021 – 42% higher than in H1 2019. Paid search makes up 36% of UK digital advertising spend, followed by digital display (27%).
In this episode, digital marketing expert Charlotte Sheridan explains the advantages of online advertising and runs through some key dos and don’ts. She shares top tips that will increase the chances of achieving a good return on investment when advertising on investment when advertising online.
Find links to content related to the topics covered in this episode below.
Online digital advertising
- How to attract more local customers
- How to use Google to attract more customers
- Eight free tools for Google Ads
- Google Business
- Google Smart Shopping Campaigns
- Use social media to market your business
- An introduction for Facebook advertising
- How to use LinkedIn to promote your business
- An introduction to Twitter advertising
- Meta for business (formerly Facebook for Business)
- Facebook Ads Manager
About Charlotte Sheridan
Charlotte is the founder and director of The Small Biz Expert, which is a London-based full-service digital marketing agency that helps small-business clients to grow by getting big results when marketing and advertising their brands, products and services online. Charlotte has helped a long list of small business clients and just one of her areas of expertise is digital advertising, whether on Google, Facebook or other platforms.
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find “Start Your Own Business” on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support, and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective