Ex-bartender, Matt Mahatme, launched Lixir Drinks with his childhood friend Jordan Palmer in 2018. They spotted a gap in the market for tonics and mixers that combined big flavours with less sugar, fewer calories and nothing artificial. Matt and Jordan are proud disruptors who wanted to create a brand with an edge and a contemporary feel, with products that looked as good as they tasted.
- Start up business ideas – overview
- Ten steps to developing your big idea
- How we developed our innovative product
- How to start up a food manufacturing business
- Crowdfunding: a realistic alternative to bank lending?
- S3E1 How to start a new business on a shoestring budget [podcast]
- How we started up successfully without external funding
- Essential guide to business angels
- How to hire a freelance designer
- How to choose a name for your business
- How to create a brand identity
- How to rebrand your small business
About our expert
Matt Mahatme, ex-bartender, launched Lixir Drinks in 2018 with Jordan Palmer. They spotted a gap in the market for tonics and mixers that combined big flavours with less sugar, fewer calories and nothing artificial. Matt and Jordan are proud disruptors who wanted to create a brand with an edge and a contemporary feel, with products that looked as good as they tasted.
About our sponsor
Thanks to Dell Technologies for sponsoring series four of the Start Your Own Business podcast.
Dell has what you need to start, scale, and succeed, including end-to-end tech solutions to boost productivity and maximise security so you can focus on innovation.
Our partnership with Dell means you get top products at special prices and a personalised consultation from a dedicated tech adviser who will get to know the goals of your business. Find out more by emailing the Dell for Startup UK representative at [email protected].
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find “Start Your Own Business” on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective