Offering superior customer service is a proven way that small businesses can be more attractive to customers and lure them away from larger and more established competitors. But any commitment to offering superior customer service must be firm and consistent throughout your business.
In this episode, we speak to leading customer service expert Stephanie Edwards of Wiltshire-based Customer 1st, a specialist provider of innovative self-paced online customer service programmes. She explains how you can raise your customer service game to enviable heights and attract and retain customers as a result.
*After two decades of service to improving standards within the service arena and making a difference to Customer Service Professionals and Managers Stephanie has now retired.
Delivering excellent customer service
- How to deliver first-class customer service
- Ten ways to reward loyal customers
- The importance of exceeding customer expectations
- Types of complaining customers
- How to handle customers who ask for compensation
- The golden rules of complaints handling
- How to encourage word-of-mouth recommendations
- Listen and learn: increasing sales through customer feedback
- How to create effective customer questionnaires
- How to use online consumer panels
Further help and support
- Join the Donut Small Business Collective
About Stephanie Edwards
Leading customer service expert, Stephanie Edwards left behind her career in marketing to join the Institute for Customer Service. Once there, she developed highly successful customer service training programmes. At the same time, she wrote two successful Best Practice Guides for Customer Service Professionals and Managers.
From there, Stephanie decided to set up her own Wiltshire-based company, “Customer Service Global”, and developed the first accredited tutor-led online programmes based on her two workbooks. Stephanie also developed customised customer service learning resources for a wide range of high-profile clients. More recently, she has set up “Customer 1st”, a specialist provider of innovative self-paced online customer service programmes.
About our sponsor
Thanks to Dell Technologies for sponsoring series four of the Start Your Own Business podcast.
Dell has what you need to start, scale, and succeed, including end-to-end tech solutions to boost productivity and maximise security so you can focus on innovation.
Our partnership with Dell means you get top products at special prices and a personalised consultation from a dedicated tech adviser who will get to know the goals of your business. Find out more by emailing the Dell for Startup UK representative at [email protected].
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find “Start Your Own Business” on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective