Why a brand is much more than just colours, fonts or slogans and how to come up with a great business name
In this episode we speak to Liz Mosley to learn the importance of creating a strong, distinctive brand when starting a business. We hear about the importance of brand values and how to create a distinctive brand identity including your business name, your logo and your website.
Find links to all the resources mentioned in this episode, along with related content, below.
- Branding overview
- Creating a brand
- I’m a small business – why do I need a brand?
- Ten ways to build a brand for your small business
- Create a powerful brand for your ambitious start-up
- Find more content on branding in the Branding topic on Marketing Donut.
Your business name
- Six steps to designing a great business logo
- Canva – free tool (with paid-for options) for creating logos and social media graphics
Building a website
About Liz Mosley
Liz is the host of the popular Building Your Brand podcast, which advises small businesses on a wide variety of subjects linked to their brand and marketing. She also offers training courses for small businesses and she’s a graphic designer with more than ten years’ experience who creates stunning brand identities for start-ups and small businesses.
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find ‘Start Your Own Business’ on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective