Running a small business can leave you feeling isolated and lonely at times. Often you have no one to share your thoughts and feelings with. That’s when reaching out to other small-business owners can really help. Great value can be gained from seeking their independent opinions (and giving them yours). Many formal peer networking options are available, but even just occasionally meeting up for a coffee or something stronger with other business owners can be mutually beneficial.
In this episode, award-winning business coach, mentor, adviser and peer board facilitator Jonathan O’Shea explains the business and personal benefits of seeking peer group support.
Listen to Mark Hart’s podcast episode from series 3
Finding sources of support
- Small business support – overview
- Join the Donut Small Business Collective
- Essential guide to accessing knowledge and networks
- Essential guide to getting help setting up and running a business
- Essential guide to finding advisers in finance, law, HR and intellectual property
Mentoring and networking
- What could a mentor do for your business?
- Create an effective networking strategy
- Start up business course
About our expert
Our guest is award-winning business coach, mentor and adviser Jonathan O’Shea. Jonathan is the board facilitator of The Alternative Board (TAB) Bristol North – part of a global community that has more than 40 business advisory peer-boards throughout the UK. Each peer board brings together small groups of small-business owners who share their insight with each other, leaving them better equipped to deal with business challenges and ultimately become more profitable, while helping business owners to feel less isolated.
About our sponsor
Thanks to Dell Technologies for sponsoring series four of the Start Your Own Business podcast.
Dell has what you need to start, scale, and succeed, including end-to-end tech solutions to boost productivity and maximise security so you can focus on innovation.
Our partnership with Dell means you get top products at special prices and a personalised consultation from a dedicated tech adviser who will get to know the goals of your business. Find out more by emailing the Dell for Startup UK representative at [email protected] .
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find “Start Your Own Business” on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective