Starting a business can be an exciting time and there are hundreds of things you will need to consider. It’s likely that with all the other demands vying for attention, you haven’t considered how you can protect your mental and physical health. This could be a mistake
In this episode we speak to Christine Husbands, managing director of Redarc – providers of FSB-care, giving advice and emotional support to help people better cope with illness, disability, and trauma.
Running a business can be highly demanding and wide ranging. It can take a serious toll on your physical and mental wellbeing. As a small business owner, you can feel quite isolated. Christine shares tips and advice that can help alleviate the stress, boost your mental and physical wellbeing, and generally create a better work-life balance.
Find links to all the resources mentioned in this episode, along with related content, below.
Connecting with others
- Get help setting up and running a business
- What could a mentor do for your business?
- Access knowledge and networks
- Benefit from networking
- Best apps for organising and planning
- Working time, rest breaks and holidays
- Managing your time – checklist
Healthy mind and body
- FSB Care
- Ten ways to cope with a demanding workload
- Managing your stress – checklist
- Smart ways to improve your work-life balance
- How to have relaxing holiday away from your business
About Christine Husbands
Christine is the Managing Director of RedArc, which provides advice and emotional support to help people to better cope with illness, disability, trauma or bereavement.
RedArc provides FSB Care to members of the Federation of Small Businesses facing a serious physical or mental health condition which gives free access to an experienced General or Registered Mental Health Nurse.
To make sure you don’t miss an episode:
- Find ‘Start Your Own Business’ on your podcast app of choice and hit the subscribe button – we recommend Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- Subscribe to our newsletter
To get tips, support and inspiration from other small business owners:
- Join our thriving Facebook group the Donut Small Business Collective